Saturday, May 2, 2009

Golden Week plans

Spring time is amazing in Japan. I think this is the only time of the year that actually BEATS Hawaii. No joke. Everything is green, green, green, with flowers of brilliant shades of pink, purple, and yellow popping up here and there. I am really loving this weather, minus the heat (23 degrees celsius). Ha, you'd think that I would be okay with the heat, being from Hawaii and all.

On another note, Golden Week a.ka. "vacation week" has begun! That means I am Kyoto-bound in two days! It will be my first time visiting the "culture heart of Japan" and I wish it hadn't taken me this long to make the journey down there. For those of you who don't know, Kyoto is a blend of traditional and modern Japan. I've heard such amazing things about the city. Apparently, the U.S. had considered dropping an atomic bomb on Kyoto during World War II, but then decided against it. As a result, it has an abundance of pre-war buildings and architecture.

Oh, and before I go...

http://www.summersonic.com/08/lineup/index.html

Look at this line-up for Summer Sonic '09! Ridiculous...I have been wanting to see all of these acts for a while now. I can't believe they are all coming to Japan. It has definitely been a while since I have gone to a concert. In Japan, they have two very big summer concerts: Fuji Rock and Summer Sonic. I looked at the line-up for Fuji Rock and wasn't really impressed...though, I do wish that M83 was playing at Summer Sonic instead because I am dying to see them live.

Kyoto photos to come when I get back!

**EDIT**
Apparently the link that was sent to me was last year's line-up. I scoped out this year's and it sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment