Friday, May 8, 2009

Calling all chocolate lovers...


I present to you: Missha "Facial Choco Cacao Scrub." I know, I couldn't believe it either. When I first laid eyes on this magical item, I had to do a double-take. I was convinced that they had filled up a cosmetic jar with some kind of thick, rich chocolate mousse. I smelled it and it was DIVINE. I bought one, took it home, and tried it out for the first time tonight. It was like smearing chocolate all over my face and rubbing it in. I was really tempted to eat it! They also have a "Black Sugar" scrub, but I prefer this one.

This exfoliating facial scrub is made from real, natural cacao that is indeed edible. Cacao contains natural properties that aid in keeping skin's elasticity, therefore promoting younger looking skin. So chocolate really is good for you!

For those of you who don't know, I have recently developed a curiosity toward Japanese skin care and cosmetics. The product packaging here is super cute. However, I can't read a freaking thing on the labels so most of the time, I have no clue what it is! It just looks nice. I am really curious to try out a few new products while I am living here. I know that the Japanese are very conscious about having healthy skin, so I hope to find some stellar products in the future. I've also noticed that when it comes to cosmetics, Japanese cosmetics seem to compliment my skin tone nicely ("yellow" undertones).

Anyway, thought I'd share this wonderful product with you. Now I have something to look forward to whenever I exfoliate my face!

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I live in Korea and just bought the same scrub today. I googled the scrub and found your blog. In Korea the packaging is in both English and Korean. Here is the English version...

    Box Top: "Choco Cacao Facial Scrub
    Helps exfoliation of dead skin cells and wastes leaving the skin smooth and well hydrated"

    Box Side: "--Contains edible cacao powder 15.0%--
    Cacao powder rich in polyphenol gets rid of dead skin cell and wastes, and accelerates skin cell regeneration keeping the skin elastic

    DIRECTIONS: After cleansing apply an appropriate amount on the wet face, gently rub for 2-3 minutes, and wash off with lukewarm water thoroughly.

    DO NOT EAT"

    Hope that helps you!

    ReplyDelete