Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lately...




I've been cooking almost everyday. I usually cook only on the weekdays and eat out on the weekends, but recently I've been trying to cook everyday. Here are a few reasons:

1) I love food.
2) It's healthier than eating out--and you save money.
3) I just inherited a new oven & grill!
4) It's fun!

A couple of things that I've whipped up lately are: miso katsu and adobo. Tomorrow I'm making brownies from scratch, eek! I've never done that before. I usually buy the brownie mixes that come in the boxes at the store (and they are so yummy), but I figured I should learn how to make things from scratch. Wish me luck tomorrow!

After my third attempt with adobo, I think I've got it down. The sauce has been perfected as well, which was my biggest struggle.


I also have to thank my host mom in Okazaki for buying me miso paste! I love hacho miso, which is the red, sweet miso that Aichi-ken is known for. As a good-bye present, she bought me these:





This weekend I'm going to BBQ! I already have a few ideas in mind of what I'm going to grill...shrimp kabobs, salmon, chicken burgers with caramelized onions and avocado, steak... Must take advantage of the warm weather before it's gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment