Thursday, June 4, 2009

Finally got around to it...

I know that there are much larger risks in life, and this is going to sound petty...but I manned up and got a perm in Japan. You don't understand. I was really nervous! You see, I haven't gotten a perm since I was thirteen, and from what I recall, I wasn't too happy with it. On top of that, I'm living in a foreign country and I have no idea how they do everything here, especially when it comes to perming technique and procedure. I've been wanting to get a perm for a while, namely the "air wave" perm, as they call it here. It's a "natural" type of perm that gives you soft, flowing waves, so nothing like the crazy 80s poodle perms! I had been holding off for a while (three months). Every time I went to the salon, I'd say, "OK, I'm going do this!" and then I would chicken out because I was scared of the result. Since my hair is naturally board-straight and can't hold a curl for more than a couple of hours, I felt that it was time for a change. Anyway, the verdict is: amazing! I can't believe I hadn't done this sooner. This will be addicting, I can tell already. I would upload a photo or two, but I haven't taken any since perming my hair. However, I did find a random website that had photos of a Japanese girl with the "air wave" perm. This is a good example of how my hair looks right now:


Thoughts, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! makes me wish i didn't cut all my hair off :P Im sure it looks great on you

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to do this to my clients. Do you know what the product is called

    ReplyDelete